Who We Are
Kirkwood Heritage is family-owned, run by a local farmer and community member, located in northern Maryland.
Our family has not only been farming for generations, but we work with other farmers to bring you the best pasture-raised foods for your table.
Why Buy Local ?
Do you live in and care about northern Maryland? So do we. That’s why we farm the right way, with an emphasis on sustainable agriculture, humane animal treatment and soil fertility.
But we also care about keeping family farms alive and thriving. By buying from us, you help ensure that our local foodshed flourishes and sustains us all.
Join our CSA!
It couldn’t be easier. Sign-up for our meat CSA, and you’ll enjoy a weekly boxed of mixed, pasture-raised meats.
And if you want more, you can add on cheese or eggs, and enjoy the most nutrient-dense food you can find!
What Drives Us?
Kirkwood Heritage brings you fresh, local food delivered for free to a local partner business for pick-up.
To bring local food from local farmers to northern Maryland consumers.
Questions? Call us 410-960-8268
What We Do
- Kirkwood Heritage brings you fresh, local food delivered for free to a local partner business for pickup.
- We partner with local farms that produce quality products, to ensure you get real fresh food and that tastes fantastic.
- Order from our site, pick a drop spot, and then pick up your food at a local business.
- The CSA model ensures steady income to the farmer, and offers the customer a convenient service.
- We want not only make access to quality local products easier, but promote the local farms, and our partner business.
- At Kirkwood Heritage, our only income is from delivery, and even so we advise you to contact any of our partner farms or businesses and support them directly. Please visit our Partner Farms page to see the wonderful people and businesses that are right here in your community.
- Kirkwood’s Heritage wants to get farmers paid what they are worth. Raising and growing high-quality food is hard work, and is not cheap.
- We want to help make good farming practices easier by giving the farmer the marketing and outreach and resources help they need to do so.
- We want to reduce the amount of money leaving the community by eliminating middlemen, long-range transportation and export/import fees.
- We want to reduce the effects on the environment that come with the supply chain by organizing short distances between the drop spot you pick up from, and the farm it came from.
Are you a farmer? Want to partner with us?
Are you a local family-run farmer? Do you pride yourself on taking care of your animals and land? Want to even out your sales highs and lows some with regular weekly sales? Then contact us and introduce yourself! We come to meet all our partners in person! We want you to show us around, hear you brag on your farm, and see if Kirkwood Heritage may be a good fit!
Real Customers. Real Reviews!
“We had the pork chops from last pickup this week and my goodness they were delicious. I put a little “Bitchin Sauce” on them to marinade and then grilled to juicy deliciousness. Also, you were right about the smoked cheddar. We do love it and I think it is our new favorite too. Looking forward to another pickup this week. Oh, and the sausages were awesome too! We are just loving your CSA.”
“Today’s delivery was the money shot, brisket and sausages… Way to go”
“Thanks for sending such a cool variety of meat and cheese in our pickups. We’ve really enjoyed trying some new things. Please yes more of the smoked cheddar– that’s so good! For the meats, we’ve liked pretty much everything. Thanks so much for all the great new stuff we’ve been trying! I never would have tried grilling a bone-in pork roast if you hadn’t sent us one, but my kids wolfed it down and asked for seconds!“